Is Uncontested Divorce An Option For You?
Divorce is almost always an unpleasant experience. However, if spouses can agree on important issues – like who should have custody of the children or how property and debts should be divided – the process can be made easier in so many ways.
At Candace M. Williams, P.C., I can help you handle the details of your divorce, help you formalize mutual agreements regarding important issues and ensure that you have met all the legal requirements to qualify for an uncontested divorce in Georgia.
Providing Comprehensive Advice To Clients Who Are In Agreement
Even though you might be in perfect agreement on all aspects of your divorce, it’s very important to keep in mind that complications can sometimes arise. As such, it’s important to have an attorney in your corner who can review and resolve issues concerning:
- Adherence to state laws for child custody arrangements and child support agreements
- State requirements on grounds for divorce, length of residency and even jurisdiction over proceedings
- Visibility on both sides to relevant financial information
- Potential debts that should be covered in the divorce agreements
- Future financial obligations that should be considered as part of the divorce settlement
- Distribution of current and future benefits, like pensions, 401(k)s, retirement accounts and insurance policies
Even though uncontested divorce can help you avoid a potentially lengthy legal process, it’s important to have experienced, trustworthy counsel in your corner to make sure you haven’t overlooked something important. If you overlook a debt, an asset or even a future financial need, you may not be able to go back and amend the divorce agreement once the judge has finalized the order.
Emerge From Divorce Confidently – Contact My Firm Today
When you and your partner have reached a consensus, I will finalize the marriage dissolution quickly and affordably. Choosing not to haggle over small matters is usually a wise decision, and I can make sure that you are not taking any undue legal risk as you end your marriage peacefully and efficiently.
Call Candace M. Williams, P.C., at 470-705-5442 or contact me online to schedule a consultation with a divorce lawyer in Gainesville, Georgia.